Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Freeing my li'l digits..

Hiya!
Just got TOEFL under my belt today afternoon......... well u can say evenin becoz wat was supp to start at 9 n end at 1 started, to our excruciating irritation and boredom, at 11 and ended at 3-ish. Its very few days that get the honor of seeing me awake at 6 am n sorts so this was one of those lucky bastards.. but then its very few days again that actually respect this fact! Reaching there at dot 8 am with kedar and other vjti-mates-eager-to-get-done-with-toefl, it eventually meant a loooooong wait in a makeshift lookin coffee house..with.....well.....no coffee.

Then finally when i was called in (second among every1 to be called inside cz of alphabetical order) i could feel the blood returning to my brain and fingers which had earlier concentrated on working out at the yawning centre solely! After gettin a few "ATB's" i went inside, had an awfully indecipherable pic taken of me, and was delegated my portal. And from there it was actually more fun than the boring wait outside.

Now for info, the TOEFL consists of listening and speaking sections for which u'r provided headphones wid a mic n all d bling. BUT.. the big catch that we discovered bang in d middle of d test and something that we had sort of feared from the beginning..was.....everyone has their speaking section at more or less the same time!!! Needless to elaborate, u can imagine the noisy, confusing mini chaos that took place as each one of us dug our earphones hard into our ears and focussed our concentration like the saadhu's who go into meditation. Only we were high-tech saadhu's wid headgear and compulsion of NO 'maunvrat' coz we had to speak to answer the sections. Funny things like people hearing other's responses and picking up tips, some others getting helplessly distracted and amused by others speakin in a "put-on" american accent, KD cursing me speaking and trying hard to crack his listening section instead, and me trying hard to speak without gettin conscious by the paaji in front of me staring at me as a way to pass his break-time!

Fortunately it was smooth sailing if you look at the bigger picture. Some lazy(read self-obsessed :P ) friends of mine remembered to wish me all the best AFTER i had already finished it! I was relieved it was finally done and more because no scores instantly after the test which would put me in instant score comparision mode with others and spoil my mood if i'd hav got lesser. I guess i knw y my bf calls me Monica personified :D(sorry if it doesnt ring a bell for non-F.R.I.E.N.D.S watchers)

And now its the perfect rest with me blogging with my fave music booming in my ears.. aaah.. this is the life...!

1 comment:

The Flower of English Grammer said...

its the perfect rest with me blogging with my fave music booming in my ears.... with chattin for 5+ hrs and finally tellin the other person tht he is a lazy boy!! :))) ....

anyway cool blog... way to go buddy!!!